Favorites

My Fall Essentials

September 21, 2015

I’m a basic girl when it comes to fall. I don’t care to admit it. I love my pumpkin spice lattes, long knit sweaters, boots, plum lipsticks, you know. Basic. I don’t know why we give that such a negative sounding label… what’s not to love about fall?

Here’s primarily what my wardrobe consists of during fall and winter. Neutral browns, blacks, and some plum lipsticks, a light matte foundation, and fall inspired eye shadows.fallfaves

I love wearing a camel coat during fall/winter, because it goes with practically anything. It can be dressed up or down, but I mostly dress it down because I’m a frump and I like it that way. I especially love wearing oversized knit sweaters, because that means I can stock up on all the lattes and sweets and no one will notice my expanding belly until spring time. I can easily pretend like I tried to look ‘put together’ in my huge sweaters by simply adding some cute knee-high boots and a nicer handbag (I received a similar bag for Christmas last year!). Voila. Cute, yet cozy.

As far as makeup, my go-to for fall/winter is alwayyyys the Lorac Unzipped Palette. I wrote a review about it, here. It has all the colors you need to create a light or heavy autumn inspired look. When fall comes around I like to keep my foundations on the more matte side. I have no idea why, since my skin is dry and becomes more dry during fall/winter, but matte is what I like… so I reach for my Laura Mercier Flawless Fluide foundation every time (I also wrote a review about this one, here). And lastly, no fall look is complete without a dark, plum lip. I love the Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Plum Paradise. It’s matte, yet creamy, and has great staying power.

Welcome to my basic life. I kinda like it. What does your wardrobe look like during fall?

• Reply elabellaworld September 21, 2015 at 2:28 pm

I am a basic girl like you :) Who doesn’t love pumpkin spiced latte? yummy! Camel coats and over sized coats are great for autumn, that’s what I go for :) xx

• Reply Meghan Arnold September 21, 2015 at 2:42 pm

Replace the PSL with a chai and you’ve got me. Or salted caramel. Dear god, I want a latte now.

I’m awful and my toenails have been some iteration of plum since early 2012. I blame Natalie and a trip to JCP that ended in my getting a matte plum on sale in the hair salon. THIS IS NATALIE’S FAULT.

I’m pretty basic, too. Yoga pants and skinny jeans forever. Thank you for reminding me, again, to get some new boots. <3

• Reply Jayd Alice September 21, 2015 at 2:48 pm

Fab picks Jenny! I’m forever living in cosy neutral knits and berry lipsticks in autumn/winter and I can’t wait until it’s cold enough to wear a big coat! x

• Reply Color U Bold September 21, 2015 at 2:49 pm

I’m so with you on the basic life! I’ll live in knits and boots all fall long and be happy basic girl haha!!! I love experimenting with dark colors in the fall and I’m already rocking dark vampy reds On my nails! One thing I must get is a camel coat soooo essential! So for me dark colors, knits and boots for fall! Great fall essentials!!!

Jasmine :)
    colorubold.com

• Reply Denise September 21, 2015 at 3:13 pm

Oversized knitsweaters could be my second name during fall :) But I have to confess that lately I am not feeling very cold, so I tend to wear a thin blouse and then a coat, either black or baby pink. But I looove fall and what you showed – camel coats, plum lipstick… I don’t know why people say “fall… :( is coming”. Yes, you are right, so negative! Fall is so nice, in my opinion!
    DenisesPlanet.com

• Reply LindaLibraLoca September 21, 2015 at 3:48 pm

I dont think that sounds anything boring, basic can be very cozy and fitting. I like your choices, everything is stuff I´d gladly wear.

Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

• Reply Dagmara (@mummyscorner) September 21, 2015 at 5:05 pm

I love oversized knit sweaters and sweaters in general, Autumn is such a cosy time :) That Lorac palette though, so pretty! x

Mummy’s Beauty Corner

• Reply Becky Hines September 21, 2015 at 5:22 pm

Love these fall essentials, especially the coat! I love fall and I’ll take any excuse to have a fall wardrobe like this! Oversized sweaters are a definite must! I really need to try the Lorac palette, it looks gorgeous!

Becky, xx // undertheseabeauty.blogspot.com

• Reply kristen @ glambunctious September 21, 2015 at 10:16 pm

I agree! What’s wrong with something “basic”? The whole point of a basic is it’s a necessity! And when it comes to fall, we’re twins! PSL’s, tall boots, yummy knits….ahhh comfort! Fall is so celebrated in the south because it’s such a welcome respite after months of sweltering heat and humidity. I for one will be out with sparklers and a steaming hot PSL to welcome the change of season! And you’re right – LORAC Unzipped is a perfect fall pick! Lately I’ve been loco for Makeup Geek mattes. Desert Sands, Peach Smoothie, Creme Brûlée, Cocoa Bear, Cupcake. Her mattes are incredible, and all of those shades really pop green and hazel eyes. Sending you love and cool weather! :)

• Reply Brunette-ish (@brunette_ish) September 21, 2015 at 11:15 pm

I love everything having to do with fall! and I definitely agree with your Laura Mercier foundaiton choice- I’ve been trying it out recently and its great!

Brunette-ish

• Reply Jen September 22, 2015 at 10:55 am

Ah, you’re reminding me why I love Fall fashion so much! That camel coat and cozy sweater are both so up my alley :)

• Reply caroline September 22, 2015 at 2:53 pm

Basic?! There’s nothing basic about that list, it’s fabulous!
    styleontheside.com

• Reply Alexandra - Glam O'Clock September 23, 2015 at 1:05 pm

I love the list and collage you created! The Lorac unzipped palette is gorgeous. I am also all about spice latte and berry lips too! Xx

Ally | Glam O’Clock

• Reply Agata September 25, 2015 at 7:25 am

Fall is my favorite season! And there is nothing wrong with basics! I love wearing cardigans and scarves in the fall and knee high boots, of course! That Maybelline plum lipstick looks really pretty, I need to check it out in the store!

How are you doing in the new place? How are classes?

• Reply Keen On Beauty September 26, 2015 at 7:37 am

The palette by Lorac looks so good. It truly has all the shades for day to day eye makeup! I love a camel coat as well, as it is classic and chic :)

Asian “Beauty Trend” // http://www.keenonbeauty.com

• Reply Swell Caroline September 30, 2015 at 9:52 am

The entire look is perfect! :)

Swell Caroline