When it comes to foundations, I prefer lightweight, breathable formulas. Today I’m showcasing two of my favorite foundations from high end to drugstore: Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide & Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid Touch.
Both of these foundations, once dried on the skin, have a skin like feel and appearance. Both of these fluid formulas fuse with your skin to give a natural satin-matte finish, provide light to medium coverage, and have great staying power. As someone who is battling dry skin this winter, these foundations have been game changers for me.
Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide
1. Twenty-four shades, with undertones provided for each shade.
2. Light weight, almost water-like formula.
3. Humidity proof and sweat proof.
4. Oil free, non-comedogenic.
5. Suitable for all skin types (including sensitive skin).
1. This is a bi-phase two part formula which needs to be shaken before each use. Make sure you do this with the cap on, as it can get messy quickly.
2. The foundation leaks out each time the bottle is shaken, and the cap can become gross.
3. $48 for 1 fl oz.
Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid Touch
1. $10 for .67 fl oz.
2. This foundation has a slightly thicker formula than Laura Mercier’s, and provides more coverage with the same lightweight, water-like feel.
3. Doesn’t get messy when shaken before use.
1. The applicator (a dropper) is frustrating to use.
2. Small range of shades at only 12 total; undertones not listed.
3. Most suitable for normal skin.
Clearly Laura Mercier comes out on top in this post- but I have to say I do enjoy both equally. The only reason I don’t wear the Maybelline one as much is because their lightest shade available is too dark for me (a common pale girl problem). Once summer rolls around, I’ll be using this just as much as my Laura Mercier one.
Have you tried either of these? Which is your favorite fluid foundation?