Happy 2015, everyone! For my first makeup look of the New Year, I thought I’d do a soft smokey eye. Here I am using an Estée Lauder palette that I received as a Christmas gift, and I cannot for the life of me find this particular palette online. I am pretty sure it is a mash-up of Estée Lauder’s Pure Color Eye Shadow palettes. Someone, please correct me if I’m wrong! (I used the blushes from this palette as well! The shades are Alluring Rose and Sensuous Rose.)
1. Apply Wild Truffle (a matte taupe shade) in crease.
2. Pat Tempting Mocha (a shimmery mocha/cocoa shade) all over lid and up to crease.
3. Use a precision brush to apply Chocolate Bliss (a matte medium brown shade) into outer corner.
4. Darken up previous step with Lavish Mink (a matte dark brown shade), then blend everything together.
5. Use the same Lavish Mink shade to line the upper and lower lash line with an angled brush, then use your finger or a smudge brush to soften the lines.
6. Add Sugar Cube (a satin white shade) as the brow bone and inner corner highlight.
Add mascara, and you’re done!
I would recommend applying these eye shadows before the rest of your makeup application, or use shadow shields, as there is some fall out that I experienced!
What did you all end up doing over New Year’s? After shooting these photos I lounged around in my pajamas and played Kingdom Hearts all day (and the rest of that weekend). I’m not even ashamed!